Monday, January 4, 2010

AVATAR and WANDA SYKES?

Hola all!

It's been quite some time since we have updated our blog, but we're determined to keep posting consistently for 2010!

Happy New Year. I hope it was everything you've ever dreamed of. Truly.

I have so much to tell you and I really just didn't know where to begin, so I just decided to pick the first few things that came to my head:

1. AVATAR: If you have not seen it, you definitely should see it. I mean seriously. I don't want to give anything away, but it's most definitely going to change film forever and to me, that's pretty important--and really really cool! I would add a link in here so that you could watch the trailer, but honestly, if you haven't watched the trailer yet, DON'T before you go. It's one of those dumb ones that gives away most of the movie (which you think would be hard since it's a 3 hour production, yet they still managed to do so).

2. LADY GAGA: Let's talk about her. I know it has nothing to do with this blog, but she really is strange, isn't she? I just watched her new video "Bad Romance"-and I have to say, I am a little freaked out/intrigued. No disrespect. I just want to hear what people think about this video. Click here and watch it. I promise you'll be entertained at the very least. She did give a speech at the National Equality March (Gay rights) back in October which is pretty neato. Here's that speech as well.

Lemme know whatchu think ahhthat!

3. PRECIOUS: Did you see this movie yet? Talk about giving voice to those who don't have one. The lead character (who plays Precious) didn't even act before this gig! Her friends got her to go to an audition and now, well now she knows Oprah and that's some big shit. I know it looks like an intense film, but I felt like it was my duty to see it-out of respect for the message and respect for the reality of the subject matter. Precious is obese, black, a woman, and has been sexually and emotionally abused by her parents and impregnated by her father twice.

Kathryn works for the YWCA as an adult sexual assault counselor and sees these realities every day. Go Oprah for giving voice to the oppressed and for shining light on a very real issue. Check out the trailer here.

Just see it.


4. OH MY GOD:
Let's just stick with the video theme--have you seen the preview for the documentary called Oh My God? Let me know if you find it playing around here before I do. (P.S. Let this video load or it won't play without skipping).

5. WANDA SYKES: She has a new show. Here's the promo. I hear it's no good. I can't believe that because she is one of the funniest feminists (which is supposed to be non-existent, especially in the world of stand-up)and I really want to see her succeed. Tell me what you know...

Love. Love. Love.

FEN

No comments:

Post a Comment